The perfect gift for any coffee addict, this CoffeeSock DIY Kit can make half a half-gallon of rich, robust cold brew within six to 18 hours. To make your own ColdBrew at home (and save tons of cash in the long-run), follow these instructions:
- Boil new filters in fresh water to clean and shrink for 10 minutes.
- Fit ColdBrew filter over lip of wide-mouthed canning jar.
- Add desired amount of coarsely ground coffee.
- Wet (bloom) the dry coffee and let set for 30 seconds, allowing the water to fully penetrate the coffee grounds from the center.
- Add filtered water very slowly to fill.
- Close filter by gathering the top of fabric together, wrapping the strap around the gathered neck of the filter, and passing it through the attached ring.
Times vary with volume of brew and ambient temperature. Warmer temperatures and shorter brew times yield a brighter and less extracted brew, while long cold soaks produce rich and smooth brews. Included in this set is a 64 ounce Mason jar, one reusable CoffeeSock Coldbrew Coffee Filter, and one lid.