Since the Fukishima nuclear plant accident in 2011 (which is still leaking radiation into the ocean) I have avoided purchasing products from Japan. I only purchase sea vegetables harvested from the North Atlantic, as it seems to be the safest waters in our world today. Maine Coast Sea Vegetables is the company I trust and buy from. Seaweed and sea vegetables are both on the “yes” list for a low lectin diet.
ORGANICALLY CERTIFIED SEAWEEDS
Maine Coast Sea Vegetables specializes in sustainably harvested seaweeds from the North Atlantic. They offer native species of Dulse, Kelp (also known as N. Atlantic Kombu), Alaria (N. Atlantic Wakame), Laver (N. Atlantic Nori), Sea Lettuce, Bladderwrack, Rockweed and Irish Moss.
Freshly harvested sea vegetables are low-temperature dried and hand packed with minimal processing at their facility in Maine. Their healthy and delicious seaweed products are certified organic, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, GMO-free, and mostly raw. Their product line includes:
- Applewood Smoked Dulse in small bags and bulk
- Nori Sheets (from China) in 7’s, 50’s and 100’s, raw and toasted
- Sea Seasonings in 6 tasty blends, in 1.5 oz. shakers
- Kelp Krunch: a crunchy sesame & kelp energy bar, in 2 flavors
- Seaweed Support: two formulas of powdered whole food in capsule form